Quanta Technology, LLC seeks a Senior Protection & Control Engineer
(Raleigh, NC / San Clemente, CA / Toronto, Ontario / Remote)
Quanta Technology is growing rapidly and has an immediate need for a Senior Protection & Control Engineer with experience in protection and control of electrical networks. We are addressing the challenges of today and tomorrow on topics such as the high penetration of DERs, the transition to IEC 61850, grid analytics, SMU applications, fire risk mitigation, compliance, and continued AMI deployments, as well as other grid modernization topics. Join this dynamic team and help us make a difference in realizing the electrical grid of the future.
- Research, develop, and design power systems and control schemes.
- Design protective relay and control settings applying principles and techniques of electrical power engineering.
- Model power systems and protection schemes and perform analyses and studies.
- Perform arc-flash studies in accordance with industry standards.
- Project management during project execution.
- Cross-selling of the Quanta Technology service portfolio to customers.
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Electrical Engineering with six years of relevant experience with electrical utilities.
- Three years of experience with:
- Design of protective relay settings
- Microprocessor-based programmable logic relays
- Modelling of protection schemes
- Performing coordination and fault studies
- Interpreting protection schematic drawings
- Construction and replacement of substation equipment.
Remote work is acceptable for qualified candidates. Please submit resumes to the right on this page.
Quanta Technology LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.