Additional Smart Grid Grant Money Available
Don’t miss the opportunity for once-in-a-lifetime government co-funding for grid infrastructure under the IIJA and IRA! Quanta Technology is partnering with utilities and other stakeholders to help to effectively modernize your critical infrastructure. Contact us now to learn how your company may benefit from this legislation and improve grid resilience and energy equity. The Bipartisan Infrastructure Law (BIL) provision 40107 subsidizes a broader suite of grid enhancing technologies that will:
- Increase capacity of the existing transmission system.
- Prevent faults that may lead to wildfires or other system disturbances.
- Integrate increasing renewable resources.
- Deploy technologies that better able monitor and analyze the impact of transportation and building electrification on the grid.
Provision 40107 funds the Grid Resilience and Innovation Partnership Program (GRIP) to enhance grid flexibility and
improve the resilience of the power system against the increasing threats from extreme weather and climate change.
The proposals will be evaluated using the following criteria:
Impact, Transformation, and Technical Merit 50%
- Exhibited enhancement of smart grid functions (e.g., two-way power flow, “grid-edge” devices, analytics).
- Reducing impacts from innovative technology risks and further deployment at-scale.
- Support for local or regional energy strategies (e.g., resilience and decarbonization).
- Proven feasibility for project execution.
Project Plan and Financial Feasibility 20%
- Defined approach of critical path that presents how that work plan will achieve project’s goals.
- Identification of risks and mitigation strategies to address.
- Definitive baseline metrics/milestones and a plan for show interim deliverables and progress.
- Ability to financially support matching requirements.
Management Team and Project Partners 10%
- Ability of the project management organization to manage the project with a high probability of success.
- Qualifications and expertise of the identified management team to execute relevant project work.
- Level of participation by team, partners, and vendors as evidenced by letters of commitment and integration with project plan.
- Clarity and appropriateness of team members.
Community Benefit 20%
Ability to accomplish Department of Energy’s four primary goals:
- Meaningful community and labor engagement.
- Investment in U.S. workforce.
- Advance diversity, equity, and inclusion, and accessibility.
- Contribute to the goal that 40% of the project’s benefits are allocated to disadvantaged.
Why Choose Quanta Technology?
Quanta Technology is an independent technology, consulting, and testing company providing business and technical expertise, along with advanced methodologies and processes, to utilities and others in the power and energy industries. Our mission is to provide unparalleled value to our clients in every engagement across the value chain by using advanced software and hardware, laboratories, and custom tools for a holistic approach to practical service and the most insightful thought leadership in the industry.