Quanta Technology is an independent technology, consulting, and testing company providing business and technical expertise along with advanced methodologies and processes, to utilities and others in the power and energy industries. Our mission is to provide unparalleled value to our clients in every engagement across the value chain by using advanced software and hardware, laboratories, and custom tools for a holistic approach to practical service and the most insightful thought leadership in the industry.
At Quanta Technology, our people define us. We value a company culture based on core values of diversity, teamwork, respect, accountability, innovation, and entrepreneurial spirit. Not only will you get the chance to work alongside industry thought leaders, but the opportunity to become a thought leader yourself. We’re focused on creating an environment committed to employee growth. That is achieved by ensuring a quality workspace, allowing flexible schedules, and through our training & mentoring programs. Quanta Technology is committed to an equal-opportunity workplace.
Quanta Technology is a wholly owned subsidiary of Quanta Services (NYSE: PWR), a member of the S&P 500 and the largest specialty engineering construction company in North America, serving energy companies and communication utilities around the world.
The position of Senior Consultant, Data Science is an important technical position within Quanta Technology and is reserved for people with technical skills and the ability to support client work and new business development. A Senior Consultant is encouraged to start building a strong industry presence and aim at becoming a recognized expert in its area in the future.
Senior Consultants are responsible for leading a team of consultants and providing tactical advice to other engineers and associate data scientists in the company. These individuals must be able to perform tasks related to their field, with minimal supervision. A typical scope of work for this position includes performing and delivering results consistent with a pre-determined scope of work, the hours assigned, and the delivery date. As well as elaborating the scope of work and hours of investment for tasks planned for other junior employees.
As a Senior Consultant, Data Science at Quanta Technology, you will work in a multi-disciplinary, entrepreneurial environment using data to provide real-world impact for our clients in the power & utilities industry with their most pressing challenges with energy transition, climate risk & resilience, infrastructure financing, energy analytics, and digitalization, among other things. You will influence many of the recommendations our clients need to positively change their businesses and enhance performance.
- Work on complex and extremely varied data sets to solve real-world problems in the energy & utilities industry.
- Develop data science products and solutions for clients as well as for our teams.
- Develop and utilize climate models and predictive models to assess the impact of climate shocks and natural disasters on energy infrastructure resilience, and business economics in power utilities.
- Develop highly efficient codes to advance our internal product development initiatives in decarbonization, renewable energy integration strategy, infrastructure financing, and climate resilience building measures.
- Add real-world impact to your academic expertise, as you are encouraged to write papers, and proposals, and present at meetings and conferences to support our thought leadership initiatives in the power & utilities industry
- Prepare and deliver detailed, comprehensive climate risk assessment reports, including key findings and recommendations, to senior management and stakeholders.
- Develop prescriptive models and data-driven solutions to inform decisions and shape recommendations to senior management in power utilities related to their climate mitigation and adaptation strategies.
- Support project teams with a data-driven approach to problem-solving.
- Continuously develop your project management skills
- Start developing contacts to generate projects.
- Present individual and overall Quanta Technology competencies and offerings to customers
- Start working towards being perceived as an expert in data science and analytics for climate and sustainability applications in the power & utilities industry.
- Be a team player and promote overall Quanta Technology’s mission.
- Follow the Quanta Technology processes, strategic directions, and vision.
- Keep abreast of related technical developments in the field.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Technical expertise in data science as demonstrated by previous project experience.
- 2 years of experience and demonstrated success working on projects.
- Degree in quantitative fields such as computer science, mathematics, or engineering:
- Doctorate with 2 or more years of experience
- Masters with 4 or more years of experience
- Bachelors with 6 or more years of experience
SKILLS & SYSTEMS
- Hands-on programming skills with a focus on machine learning using Python.
- High level of interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively in a diverse and inclusive work space.
- Demonstrated aptitude for analytics.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Ph.D. in Computer Science
- 5 years of professional experience in programming
- Practical experience or theoretical knowledge related to energy systems and climate change
- Prior experience with product management for energy and climate applications
SKILLS & SYSTEMS
- High level of business acumen, entrepreneurial spirit, and soft skills required for client-facing roles.
- Programming skills in R, SAS, MATLAB, Ruby, Hadoop
- Good presentation and communication skills with the ability to explain complex analytical concepts to people from other fields – both verbally and in writing
- Hands-on skills in data engineering and data visualization
- Ability to work with GIS data
Quanta Technology has offices in Raleigh, NC, Markham, ON, Lombard, IL, and San Clemente, CA. We offer hybrid employment that supports a blend of in-office and remote work.
Working conditions are normal for a professional office environment. Work may require overnight national and international travel.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. The employee may be asked to perform other job-related duties as required.
At Quanta Technology, we offer a challenging and rewarding work environment where our employees are encouraged to grow and develop their skills. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all individuals and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected status. If you are interested in becoming a part of our team and possess the required qualifications and experience, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.