Quanta Technology is an independent technology, consulting, and testing company providing business and technical expertise along with advanced methodologies and processes, to utilities and others in the power and energy industries. Our mission is to provide unparalleled value to our clients in every engagement across the value chain by using advanced software and hardware, laboratories, and custom tools for a holistic approach to practical service and the most insightful thought leadership in the industry.
At Quanta Technology, our people define us. We value a company culture based on core values of diversity, teamwork, respect, accountability, innovation, and entrepreneurial spirit. Not only will you get the chance to work alongside industry thought leaders, but the opportunity to become a thought leader yourself. We’re focused on creating an environment committed to employee growth. That is achieved by ensuring a quality workspace, allowing flexible schedules, and through our training & mentoring programs. Quanta Technology is committed to an equal-opportunity workplace.
Quanta Technology is a wholly owned subsidiary of Quanta Services (NYSE: PWR), a member of the S&P 500 and the largest specialty engineering construction company in North America, serving energy companies and communication utilities around the world.
The position of Business Analyst is an important technical position within Quanta Technology and is reserved for people with the ability to use and develop technical and business development skills to support projects. Business Analysts are encouraged to build an industry presence and aim at becoming a recognized expert in their area in the future.
Business Analysts are responsible for executing work under the direction of higher-ranked engineering advisors and business leaders. These individuals must be able to perform tasks related to technical or business analysis related to their field, under moderate supervision. A typical scope of work for this position includes performing and delivering results consistent with a pre-determined scope of work, the hours assigned, and the delivery date.
As a Business Analyst at Quanta Technology, you will work in a multi-disciplinary, entrepreneurial environment using data to provide real-world impact for our clients in the power & utilities industry with their most pressing challenges with energy transition, climate risk & resilience, infrastructure financing, energy analytics, and digitalization, among other things. You will influence many of the recommendations our clients need to positively change their businesses and enhance performance.
- Support projects in preparing and delivering detailed, comprehensive technical and business consulting reports, including key findings and recommendations, to senior management and stakeholders.
- Start developing project management skills.
- Identify and evaluate business opportunities related to climate change mitigation and adaptation within our customer’s power and utility operations, including but not limited to resilience measures against extreme weather events, climate-related regulatory landscape, and decarbonization strategy.
- Be a team player, promoting overall Quanta Technology
- Follow the Quanta Technology processes, strategic directions, and vision.
- Utilize data analytics tools and techniques to collect, analyze, and interpret data related to renewable energy integration and financing, and climate-related capital programs and engineering solutions.
- Keep abreast of related technical developments in the field.
- Support business development initiatives in the infrastructure finance and climate advisory domain.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Degrees in Engineering and Business Administration or another relevant field
- Bachelors in Engineering plus MBA; or
- Bachelors in Engineering plus MS in Industrial Engineering/Operations Research with demonstrated high level of business acumen
SKILLS & SYSTEMS
- Ability to break down and solve problems through quantitative thinking and analysis.
- High level of interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively in a diverse and inclusive workspace.
- Demonstrated aptitude for solving problems in the power and utilities industry.
- Programming skills in one or more of these packages: Python, MATLAB, R, VBA
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering plus an MBA in Finance
- 2 years of relevant work experience
- Prior experience in the power utilities industry
SKILLS & SYSTEMS
- High level of business acumen, entrepreneurial spirit, and soft skills required for client-facing roles
- Good presentation and communication skills with the ability to explain complex technical and business concepts to people from other fields – both verbally and in writing
Quanta Technology has offices in Raleigh, NC, Markham, ON, Lombard, IL, and San Clemente, CA. We offer hybrid employment that supports a blend of in-office and remote work.
Working conditions are normal for a professional office environment. Work may require overnight national and international travel.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. The employee may be asked to perform other job-related duties as required.
At Quanta Technology, we offer a challenging and rewarding work environment where our employees are encouraged to grow and develop their skills. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all individuals and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected status. If you are interested in becoming a part of our team and possess the required qualifications and experience, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.