Quanta Technology is an independent technology, consulting, and testing company providing business and technical expertise along with advanced methodologies and processes, to utilities and others in the power and energy industries. Our mission is to provide unparalleled value to our clients in every engagement across the value chain by using advanced software and hardware, laboratories, and custom tools for a holistic approach to practical service and the most insightful thought leadership in the industry.
At Quanta Technology, our people define us. We value a company culture based on core values of diversity, teamwork, respect, accountability, innovation, and entrepreneurial spirit. Not only will you get the chance to work alongside industry thought leaders, but the opportunity to become a thought leader yourself. We’re focused on creating an environment committed to employee growth. That is achieved by ensuring a quality workspace, allowing flexible schedules, and through our training & mentoring programs. Quanta Technology is committed to an equal-opportunity workplace.
The primary focus for this position will be to lead and contribute to prototyping, designing, and developing software solutions for the power systems and electric utilities industry. The right candidate will have demonstrable experience, multitask with different roles in various projects, capitalize on the team’s skills and experience to create new solutions, and mentor others.
Senior Software Engineers/Consultants are responsible for leading a team of engineers and providing tactical advice to others in the company. These individuals must be able to perform tasks related to building software solutions from concept to delivery, as SaaS applications, with minimal supervision. A typical scope of work for this position includes delivering software from a concept-defined scope of work to budget hours assigned, and delivery date, as well as elaborating the scope of work and hours of investment for tasks planned for other engineers.
- Lead the software data analytics team in prototyping, designing, implementing, testing, and supporting new and existing applications
- Configure and deliver containerized applications in the Azure Cloud, with demonstrated Azure DevOps experience
- Collaborate with stakeholders to analyze business requirements and scope out development tasks
- Create design specifications, project plan, documentation-based business requirements, and development tasks
- Work with customers to understand their business and technical needs and build a software product that best fits their needs
- Oversee the performance of existing and to-be-developed software products from technical and business perspectives
- Communicate effectively with various teams and stakeholders on status updates, roadblocks, and design decisions
- Provide technical expertise and advice/mentorship to both Business Area leadership and the development team on software best practices and techniques, including:
- Software architecture, data/process pipelining, cloud delivery (terraform) and database schema design
- Integration and implementation techniques for data-centric problems (ETL, ELT)
- Analysis of software modular design, code reviews, CI/CD, and software reliability
- Continue developing Project Management skills
- Present individual and overall, Quanta Technology competencies and offerings to customers
- Be a team player, promoting Quanta Technology’s goals in all situations
- Follow the Quanta Technology processes, strategic directions, and vision
- Keep abreast of related technical developments in the field
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of experience in hands-on software delivery in a professional environment
SKILLS & SYSTEMS
- Ability to work in a diverse and inclusive space
- Ability to work in a team dynamic
- Ability to work independently to solve complex initiatives
- Extensive experience in Python or Java, NodeJS, React, or other full-stack development
- Functional knowledge of SQL and relational databases (e.g., Postgres, Oracle, etc.)
- Familiarity with containerized deployment
- Unit and integration testing of software and systems
- Analytical and mathematical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including analysis, problem-solving, and issue resolution
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Electrical power industry experience
SKILLS & SYSTEMS
- Project management
- GitHub or GitLab
- Database change management
- CI/CD pipeline exposure/understanding
- Deployment and management of SaaS cloud solutions
- Static and dynamic vulnerabilities knowledge
Quanta Technology has offices in Raleigh, NC, Markham, ON, Lombard, IL, and San Clemente, CA. We offer remote and hybrid employment that supports a blend of in-office and remote work.
Working conditions are normal for a professional office environment. Work may require overnight national and international travel.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. The employee may be asked to perform other job-related duties as required.
At Quanta Technology, we offer a challenging and rewarding work environment where our employees are encouraged to grow and develop their skills. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all individuals and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected status. If you are interested in becoming a part of our team and possess the required qualifications and experience, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.