Microgrid-enabled Battery On Trailer (MeBOAT™)
MeBOAT is a fully-transportable self-contained Mobile Battery Energy Storage System (MBESS) designed for relocation and fast interconnection at a new site, using a standard generator terminal box with Cam-lok™ plugs. MeBOAT was originally developed as a clean replacement for emergency (portable) diesel generators. However, the mobility enhances the value and utilization of energy storage by including the flexibility in capturing locational benefits of grid support or customer-specific applications. The MBESS platform is equipped with a Microgrid Energy Management System (MEMS) that provides comprehensive sets of autonomous controls, optimization schemes, and supervisory capability for ease of remote operator access and/or integration back to the Dispatch Center for overall grid coordination.
Reliable and Sustainable Design1
- Most reliable, fire-resistant, and safe battery-cell technology
- Explosion- and fire-resistant battery cabinets
- Additional fire suppression systems designed to meet NFPA 855 fire protection standard
- Emission-free design
- Sound-attenuated container enclosure
- Condition monitoring based on preventative techniques
- UL-certified Battery Management System (BMS)
- Lithium iron-phosphate (LiFePO4) battery cells
- High full cycle charge rate (more than 4000)
- Mature technology from electric vehicle industry
- Containerized solution
- Installed on a flat-bed trailer for easy transport
- Anti-vibration and tension-resistant design
- Compliance with IEEE 1547-2018 interconnection requirements (using standard switches)
- Including visible load-break disconnect switch, fault interruption circuit breaker, and synchronizing devices
- Isolation transformer for interconnection with fuse and circuit-breaker overcurrent protection
Clean. Mobile. Quiet.
Clean Replacement for Emergency Diesel Generators
Outage Management and Maintenance Support Replaces traditional forms of backup generation units (e.g., diesel generators) for supplying customers during service interruptions due to outage or maintenance.
Peak Load and Demand Charge Management Provides peak-shaving capabilities during periods
of high demand or high electricity prices to relieve loading on utility assets and achieve global cost reduction.
Mitigates and improves commonly experienced voltage issues to enhance customers’ power
quality on the distribution systems through corrective actions.