We are looking for a highly motivated hands-on senior application architect to fill a vital role on our implementations development team. The right candidate must be able to work in a fast paced environment, multi-task in different roles on projects, and capitalize on the team’s skills and experience to create new solutions while mentoring others.
Specific responsibilities of the Senior Application Lead (or Architect) - Implementations:
- Provide full life cycle support for code changes in the production environment and development of new extensions to existing platform.
- Use innovative problem solving and critical thinking approaches to trouble shoot challenging data centric problems.
- Analyze business requirements and scope of programming tasks.
- Develop a mechanism of on call support for production environment.
- Maintain a high proficiency level with system architectures and database system models
- Strong contribution to an agile and responsive application development team.
- Create process and design documentation
- Analyze software, coding, business requirements, software reliability, and simulation
- Ability to rapidly assimilate new technologies and be able to communicate effectively with various teams.
- Familiarity with revision control, and QA is a plus
Qualified candidates will ideally have more than five (5) years of experience in hands on software development including proven competency in the following areas. Experience with the electrical power industry and/or project management will be an asset.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of SQL Server including ability to analyze complex stored procedures.
- Perform both coding and debugging of applications in various programming languages. Development technologies such as C#, WPF, VB.NET, Python
- Experience converting data from a wide variety of systems and file formats
- Extensive Experience in developing and utilizing standard QA/testing tools of various systems and software
- Excellent interpersonal skills including analytical, problem solving, organizational, and issue resolution.
- An ability to work independently in solving business problems. Well-developed analytical and mathematical skills, with strong attention to detail