Proposal and Report Lead
Reports to: Vice President, Business Development & International Operations
The Proposal and Report Lead is responsible for leading the proposal and report process to assure editorial quality, as well as providing editorial support to projects and reports. The lead will work with fellow Proposal Coordinators, Editors, Technical Leads, or other staff, managing and supporting the proposal development lifecycle. The proposals vary in size and time requirements from simple documents intended to respond to a noncompetitive bid, to large, multi-disciplinary responses to Requests for Proposals (RFPs), which includes legal, technical, and administrative requirements in a customer supply chain IT platform. The Proposal and Report Lead is responsible for administering and leading the proposal and report processes, ensuring configuration management, ensuring compliance, providing guidance and assistance to multiple authors, administering proposal-related resources, preparing proposal status update reports, etc. Tasks to be managed regarding proposals includes: customer needs assessment for sole source proposals, RFP analysis, kick-off meetings, status calls, proposal development, proposal writing, proposal production, risk review, and cost estimation development in Excel. The Proposal and Report Lead will also be responsible for developing/maintaining training materials to scale proposal skillsets across the organization. The Proposal and Report Lead plays a critical role in the development of 100% compliant, compelling, and winning proposals and quality reports. They will leverage their thorough understanding of and excellence in the activities of the entire process.
- Manage the full life cycle of customer needs, RFP analysis, response development, and submission.
- Provide editorial support to proposals and reports as required based on priorities.
- Manage the process and/or write the technical proposal sections, RFI responses, resumes, past performance citations, or other proposal narratives in response to solicitations.
- Interpret RFP and report requirements for compliance mapping.
- Develop proposal and report templates, outlines, compliance matrices, resource assignments and production checklists.
- Develop and maintain the proposal schedule, and report on progress.
- Research and organize solutions and content.
- Collaborate with BA Managers, Business Development and Marketing, and Subject Matter Experts to consolidate different inputs to satisfy needs.
- Interview Subject Matter Experts for responses to RFPs.
- Collect/develop re-usable materials and content.
- Coordinate, prepare for, and participate in proposal and report meetings and reviews.
- Ensure submissions are accurate, complete, and compliant with RFP requirements and editorial specifications, as well as corporate quality and branding standards.
- Participate in upkeep of Proposal and Report Operations reference databases. Review to ensure databases are complete and correct. Databases include Proposal Content, Graphics, Past Performance, re-usable content, etc.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIREMENT
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree required, major in English or Communications preferred.
- Graphical design capabilities are beneficial.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the development of proposals and reports.
- Knowledge of RFP life cycle management and procurement processes.
- Proven leadership and organization abilities.
- Very strong verbal and written skills – clear, concise, and complete.
- Proven ability to successfully communicate company proposal objectives and key characteristics to management and teammates, in writing and oral presentations.
- Proven ability to work with/interview Subject Matter Experts to understand and write about complex technical and management approaches.
- Excellent people skills – able to work with teams of varying sizes, technical abilities, and levels of authority with both internal corporate staff and teammates.
- Skilled in analyzing RFPs and preparing outlines, schedules, and proposal and report templates.
- Excellent multi-tasking abilities – able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong analytical skills with solid administrative experience.
- Skilled in proposal management, coordination, and production.
- Skilled in desktop publishing and formatting.
- Experience in graphical design is preferred
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other database applications.
Quanta Technology, headquartered in Raleigh, NC, offers a diverse and collaborative working environment, competitive salaries, and an excellent benefits package. Quanta Technology is an equal opportunity employer.