Cyber Security IT Practice Area Manager
Quanta Technology is seeking a Practice Area Manager to expand its Cyber Security IT Strategy Advisory capabilities. You will manage engagements advising clients both externally and within Quanta Technology with strategic and tactical guidance on how technology enables a wide range of business outcomes. You must possess exception analytical, interpersonal and creative thinking capabilities. You will need to be entrepreneurial, enterprising and personable, possessing exceptional leadership qualities.
The Cyber Security IT Strategy Advisory Practice Area provides strategic security advice and leverages technology advancements (e.g., analytics, intelligent automation, etc.) to drive data and systems protection and security. You will deliver a broad range of security advisory services through an integrated, collaborative approach with our clients. You’ll be responsible for collaborating with management within our consulting environment, with a significant role in achieving both company and practice area objectives. You will regularly provide strategic advice to clients while providing technical, operational and people leadership of work efforts.
This role requires a deep knowledge and experience in delivering and managing Information Security programs, including IT Security Strategy; IT Security Operations; Security Training and Awareness; IT General Controls Compliance and Audit Management; IT Forensics; Identity and Access Management; Cybersecurity; Data Privacy and IT Risk.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Engage with leadership and clients in strategic discussions to provide best in class Cyber/ Security IT Strategy and industry guidance to maximize client’s long-term business objectives
- Lead the coordination of, and response to, any client-initiated Cyber Security audit of Quanta Technology
- Develop strong and lasting relationships with client executives, effectively selling follow on Security Advisory engagements
- Partner with internal stakeholders and clients on security risk programs
- Develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients; organize and lead business development for the Practice Area; participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process; contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies
- Support client engagements to identify creative Security solutions. Responsibilities include, among others, managing Practice Area to create Security strategy, assessment, vision & roadmap, and business case deliverables as well as deliver workshops and presentations
- Identify key client Security issues, determine client needs, supplement the standard assessment techniques and tools with innovative approaches, develop and support Clients’ IT Security Solutions implementations
- Manage current-state Security assessments through stakeholder interviews and design workshops and support clients in Security transformations
- Travel as dictated by business needs, 25% to 50% with overnight travel
- Collaborate with leadership/management in go to market strategies around Information Security, Data Privacy, IT Compliance, IT Risk and Data Governance.
- Participate in internal and client-facing account management Security Strategy and Planning sessions and formal proposal presentation
Key Role Responsibilities:
Operating with senior client executives (C-levels, VPs, Practice Area Managers), you will assist both our company and our clients in successfully defining their Cyber / Security and Technology Strategies, investments and operating models to support their Security priorities. As a successful Practice Area Manager you will:
- Manage the delivery of a broad range of Security strategy and Security engagements
- Possess deep understanding of Security trends and strategies for identifying Security solutions to meet client business, financial and technical objectives
- Conduct detailed risk analyses and assessments to understand and explain client problems and utilize standard consulting management skills such as facilitation, interviewing, gap analysis, etc.
- Provide clients with up-to-date information on different threats and security vulnerabilities that organizations may face, to ensure there are solutions in place to mitigate those risks
- Identify, develop and document Security issues, perform Security/Cyber Risk analysis, draw conclusions and formulate strategic recommendations
- Actively develop and maintain client relationships at senior levels
- Enthusiastically contribute towards industry specific offerings/ thought leadership development
- Participate in the sales process while collaborating with Practice Area members with sales efforts including development of client proposals
Required Skills & Experience:
- Experience in a Security Consulting leadership role, managing both talent and project budgets
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a technical related discipline. Masters/MBA preferred.
- CISM certified and have several years of systems and infrastructure engineering experience with a focus on IT Security, Certified candidates in related Security Certifications: CISSP, GSEC, CISM OR CISA preferred
- 8+ years’ experience in IT security related Management Consulting positions (IT security manager, security auditor, security analysts) from a top management or IT professional services firm, with experience managing projects, budgets and Practice Area,.
- Willingness to travel 25 to 50%, as needed, to support Customers and Projects
- Demonstrated experience interfacing with executive level clients, assessing stakeholder’s goals and objectives and the ability to translate ideas into strategic and practical solution recommendations
- Previous management consulting experience working on multiple work streams/engagements in an external client facing environment, within a Security / Advisory practice
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Aptitude for critical and analytical thinking as well as the capacity to accept out-of-the box solutions
- Autonomous, positive thinker, highly flexible and willing to work independently as well as part of a multi-disciplinary Practice Area