PROMIS™ is a portable energy storage system primarily designed for emergency energy supply to single- and three-phase customers. It is designed for frequent relocation and fast interconnection at a new site using a standard generator terminal box with Cam-lok™ plugs. PROMIS™ is a clean replacement for emergency (portable) diesel generators. Furthermore, it operates in grid-connected mode for grid support functions. The PROMIS™ platform is equipped with integrated microgrid technology and an on-board controller that provides comprehensive sets of autonomous controls, optimization schemes, and supervisory capability for ease of remote operator access and integration back to the Dispatch Center for overall grid coordination.
Safe and Environmentally Friendly
- Reliable, fire-resistant, and safe battery-cell technology
- Non-walkable and modular design compliant with UL 9540
- Explosion- and fire-resistant battery cabinets (NEMA rated)
- Additional fire suppression systems designed to meet NFPA 855 fire protection standard
- Sound-attenuated containerized enclosure
- Vibration, tension, and impact detection sensors
- UL-certified Battery Management System (BMS)
- Lithium iron-phosphate (LiFePO4) battery cells
- High full-cycle charge rate (>4000 cycles)
- Containerized solution with no transportation permit required per most Departments of Transportation (DOT)
- Installed on a flat-bed trailer for easy transport
- Anti-vibration and shock-absorbent design
- Compliant with IEEE 1547-2018 interconnection requirements using standard switches
- Includes a visible load-break disconnect switch, fault interruption circuit breaker, and synchronizing devices
- Isolation transformer for interconnection with fuse and circuit-breaker overcurrent protection
Mobile. Clean. Quiet.
Replacement for Emergency Diesel Generators
Outage Management and Maintenance Support Replaces traditional forms of backup generation units (e.g., diesel generators) for supplying customers during service interruptions due to outage or maintenance.
Peak Load and Demand Charge Management Provides peak-shaving capabilities during periods of high demand or high electricity prices to relieve loading on utility assets and achieve global cost reduction.
Voltage Control Mitigates and improves commonly experienced voltage issues to enhance customers’ power quality on the distribution system through corrective actions.