PROMIS is a portable energy storage system primarily designed for emergency energy supply to single- and three-phase customers.
PROMIS is designed for frequent relocation and fast interconnection at a new site using a standard generator terminal box with Cam-lok™ plugs.
PROMIS offers a clean replacement for emergency (portable) diesel generators and can operate in grid-connected mode for grid support functions.
PROMIS’ platform is equipped with integrated microgrid technology and an on-board controller that provides comprehensive sets of autonomous controls, optimization schemes, and supervisory capability for ease of remote operator access and integration back to the Dispatch Center for overall grid coordination.
Features and Benefits
Improved Safety and Environmentally Friendly
- Reliable, fire-resistant, and safe battery-cell technology.
- Non-walkable and modular design compliant with UL 9540.
- Explosion- and fire-resistant battery cabinets (NEMA rated).
- Additional fire suppression systems designed to meet NFPA 855 fire protection standard.
- Sound-attenuated containerized enclosure.
- Vibration, tension, and impact detection sensors.
- UL-certified Battery Management System (BMS).
- Lithium iron-phosphate (LiFePO4) battery cells.
- High full-cycle charge rate (>6,000 cycles).
- Containerized solution with no transportation permit required per most Departments of Transportation (DOT).
- Installed on a flat-bed trailer for easy transport.
- Anti-vibration and shock-absorbent design.
- Compliant with IEEE 1547-2018 interconnection requirements using standard switches.
- Includes a visible load-break disconnect switch, fault interruption circuit breaker, and synchronizing devices.
- Contains an isolation transformer for interconnection with fuse and circuit-breaker overcurrent protection.
Mobile. Clean. Quiet.
An Ideal Replacement for Emergency Diesel Generators
Outage Management and Maintenance Support
PROMIS replaces traditional forms of backup generation units (e.g., diesel generators) for supplying customers during service interruptions due to outage or maintenance.
Peak Load and Demand Charge Management
PROMIS provides peak-shaving capabilities during periods of high demand or high electricity prices to relieve loading on a utility’s assets and achieve global cost reduction.
PROMIS mitigates and improves commonly experienced voltage issues to enhance customers’ power quality on the distribution system through corrective actions.