- This event has passed.
Webinar: Eyes of the Grid: DERMS and Grid-Edge Resources
April 22 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
“Proliferation of Renewables and Distributed Energy Resources (DERs) and FERC order 2222 are strongly driving business cases for DERMS deployments. This webinar presents a crosscut of the DERMS deployment and integration challenges following experience and lessons learned from recent DERMS implementation projects. The presenters discuss these issues by way of three utility implementations:
• DERMS deployed in a specific region to address issues with several Front of Meter DERs to mitigate impact on a substation,
• An enterprise-level DERMS scaled across the entire utility service territory, selected subsequent to performing multiple pilot projects,
• DERMS as Aggregator of Aggregators with a primary focus on managing several third-party resources and aggregators.
Key discussion points are:
• Functional specifications based on unique system characteristics,
• Compatibility with a given utility IT/OT environment,
• Alignment with existing or planned advancement of distribution management systems (DMS).”
Quanta Technology Panelist: Farid Katiraei, Chad Abbey, Shadi Chuangpishit
Entergy Panelist: Samrat Datta
Registration Link: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/8326567885391867918