Quanta Technology is an independent technology, consulting, and testing company providing business and technical expertise, along with advanced methodologies and processes, to utilities and others in the power and energy industries. Our mission is to provide unparalleled value to our clients in every engagement across the value chain by using advanced software and hardware, laboratories, and custom tools for a holistic approach to practical service and the most insightful thought leadership in the industry.
At Quanta Technology, our people define us. We value a company culture based on core values of diversity, teamwork, respect, accountability, innovation, and entrepreneurial spirit. Not only will you get the chance to work alongside industry thought leaders, but the opportunity to become a thought leader yourself. We’re focused on creating an environment committed to employee growth. That is achieved by ensuring a quality workspace, allowing flexible schedules, and through our training & mentoring programs. Quanta Technology is committed to an equal-opportunity workplace.
Quanta Technology is looking for talented engineers, entry-level to experienced leaders, to join our dynamic transmission consulting practice. The role requires performing power network modeling and analyses based on knowledge and expertise of power generation and transmission principles. The engineer is expected to contribute towards the successful completion of a range of consulting projects focused on power system planning studies involving Steady-State, Short Circuit and Dynamic Stability, Generator and Renewables Interconnections, Power System Economics, Market analysis, and Grid Resilience.
- Management of budget, schedule, and quality to ensure successful completion of power system studies projects.
- Perform complex research and develop recommendations for equipment and/or materials selection.
- Perform power systems analysis including transmission planning and feasibility studies to analyze the impact of proposed generation expansion on the transmission system.
- Perform steady-state load flow analysis for system intact and contingency conditions. Analyze any limiting constraints such as thermal overloads and arrive at recommendations for the transmission upgrades based on various build-out configurations and cost estimates.
- Develop dynamic models for conventional and inverter-based resources.
- Prepare generation Interconnection studies per ISOs/RTOs requirements.
- Develop detailed transmission system models in the EMT software (PSCAD, EMTP-RV).
- Perform electromagnetic transient analysis such as TRV, switching surge, lightning, TOV, and insulation coordination.
- Develop an understanding and comply with the Transmission and Regulatory quality program
- Perform detailed market pricing analysis and economic forecasting and resources revenue calculations
- Support continuous improvement and team management efforts
- Project Coordination: Shares and coordinates information with other team members.
- Client Focus: Focuses on the needs of internal clients (project team leadership) while attempting to gain an understanding of the external client’s main interests and drivers.
- Risk Awareness: Identifies technical, practical, and economical project risks.
The ideal candidate is willing and able to travel to client locations and industry meetings
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or another related field
- Work experience in a transmission planning function at a utility, ISO, or consulting firm
SKILLS & SYSTEMS
- Experience with Steady State, Transient Stability, and Short Circuit analysis
- Python, C, MATLAB
- Familiarity with one power-flow study software (PSSE, PSLF, PowerWorld, TARA, DSATools) and one EMT software (PSCAD, EMTP).
- RTO/ISO market pricing structures and processes
- Excellent communication, presentation, and facilitation skills
- Aptitude for critical and analytical thinking as well as the capacity to accept out-of-the-box solutions
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree or PhD in Electrical Engineering or another related field
- Licensed Professional Engineer
- Experience with Project Management in a professional consulting or electric utility environment
SKILLS & SYSTEMS
- Familiarity with GRIDVIEW, PROMOD, GEMAPS, Plexos, V&R, and Aspen.
- Strong teamwork, interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate with clients engineering and management levels
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Quanta Technology, headquartered in Raleigh, NC, offers a diverse and collaborative working environment, competitive salaries, and an excellent benefits package. Quanta Technology is an equal opportunity employer. Apply online at www.quanta-technology.com