Quanta Technology is looking for talented engineers, entry-level to experienced leaders, to join our growing transmission consulting practice. The role requires performing power network modeling and analyses based on knowledge and expertise of power generation and transmission principles. The candidate is expected to contribute towards the successful completion of a range of consulting projects focused on power system planning studies involving Steady-State, Short Circuit and Dynamic Stability, Generator and Renewables Interconnections, Power System Economics, Market analysis, and Grid Resilience.
- Management of budget, schedule, and quality to ensure successful completion of power system studies projects.
- Perform power systems analysis including transmission planning and feasibility studies to analyze the impact of proposed generation expansion on the transmission system.
- Perform steady-state load flow analysis for system intact and contingency conditions. Analyze any limiting constraints such as thermal overloads and arrive at recommendations for the transmission upgrades based on various build-out configurations and cost estimates.
- Develop dynamic models for conventional and inverter-based resources.
- Prepare generation Interconnection studies per ISOs/RTOs requirements.
- Develop detailed transmission system models in the EMT software (PSCAD, EMTP-RV).
- Perform electromagnetic transient analysis such as TRV, switching surge, lightning, TOV, and insulation coordination.
- Develop an understanding and comply with the Transmission and Regulatory quality program
- Perform detailed market pricing analysis and economic forecasting and resources revenue calculations
- Support continuous improvement and team management efforts
- Project Coordination: Shares and coordinates information with other team members.
- Client Focus: Focuses on the needs of internal clients (project team leadership) while attempting to gain an understanding of the external client’s main interests and drivers.
- Risk Awareness: Identifies technical, practical and economical project risks.
- Requires a degree in Electrical Engineering (Master or PhD preferred)
- Work experience in a transmission planning function at utility, ISO, or consulting firm
- Experience with Steady State, Transient Stability, and Short Circuit analysis
- Python, C, MATLAB
- Familiarity with one power-flow study software (PSSE, PSLF, PowerWorld, TARA, DSATools) and one EMT software (PSCAD, EMTP).
- Familiarity with GRIDVIEW, PROMOD, GEMAPS, Plexos, V&R, Aspen.
- RTO/ISO market pricing structures and processes
- Excellent communication, presentation, and facilitation skills
Quanta Technology, headquartered in Raleigh, NC, offers a diverse and collaborative working environment, competitive salaries, and an excellent benefits package. Quanta Technology is an equal opportunity employer. Apply online at www.quanta-technology.com