Specific responsibilities of the Software Engineer:
- Contribute as a developer to overall prototyping, design, implementation, testing, and support of new and existing desktop and web applications.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to analyze business requirements and scope out development tasks. Then proceed to create workflows, design specifications and documentation.
- Working with the project team to understand business and technical requirements to build a software product that best customer needs.
- Ability to communicate effectively with various teams and stakeholders on status updates, roadblocks, and design decisions.
Qualified candidates will ideally have more than one (1) year of experience in hands on software development including proven competency in the aspects outlined in this posting. Experience with the electrical power industry and/or project management will be an asset.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent work experience.
- Development experience in C#, .Net Framework. Additional experience in.Net Core is a bonus.
- Functional knowledge of SQL and relational databases (e.g., Microsoft SQL server, Oracle)
- Experience with web UI development is a bonus (e.g., HTML, CSS, ES6, React, Electron)
- Experience in developing unit and integration testing of software and systems. Exposure and understanding of CI/CD pipelines is a bonus.
- Understanding of static and dynamics vulnerabilities is a bonus.
- Strong track record of working independently to solve complex initiatives. Well-developed analytical and mathematical skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including analytical, problem solving, organizational, and issue resolution.
Quanta Technology is an independent technology, consulting, and testing company providing business and technical expertise, along with advanced methodologies and processes, to utilities and others in the power and energy industries. Our mission is to provide unparalleled value to our clients in every engagement across the value chain by using advanced software and hardware, laboratories, and custom tools for a holistic approach to practical service and the most insightful thought leadership in the industry.
At Quanta Technology, our people define us. We value a company culture based on core values of diversity, teamwork, respect, accountability, innovation, and entrepreneurial spirit. Not only will you get the chance to work alongside industry thought leaders, but the opportunity to become a thought-leader yourself. We’re focused on creating an environment committed to employee growth. That is achieved by ensuring a quality workspace, allowing flexible schedules, and through our training & mentoring programs. Quanta Technology is committed to an equal opportunity workplace.