We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Applications Lead to fill a vital role on our solutions development team. The primary focus for this position will be leading our development team in the conceptualization, design, actualization, and support of innovative automation and integration solutions for the power systems industry. The right candidate will have demonstrable experience working in a fast-paced environment, be able multi-task in different roles on projects, and will capitalize on the team’s skills and experience to create new solutions while mentoring others.
Specific responsibilities of the Senior Applications Lead:
- Lead the development team in the overall conceptualization, design, implementation, testing, and support of new and existing automation and integration applications.
- Analyze business requirements and scope of development tasks.
- Oversee the performance of software products (existing and to be developed) from both technical and business perspectives.
- Make strong contribution to an agile and responsive application development team.
- Assimilate new technologies and communicate effectively with various teams and other Business Areas.
- Create process and design documentation.
- Provide technical expertise and advice/mentorship to both Business Area leadership and the development team on software best practices and techniques, including:
- Full life cycle support for code changes in the production environment and development of new extensions to existing platform.
- Software architectures and database system models.
- Integration and implementation techniques for data centric problems.
- Analysis of software, coding, software reliability, and simulation.
- Revision control, QA, and mechanisms for on-call support for a production environment.
Qualified candidates will ideally have more than five (5) years of experience in hands on software development including proven competency in the aspects outlined in this posting. Experience with the electrical power industry and/or project management will be an asset.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrable experience in software development and engineering principles, development and programming techniques, current development platforms, and system architectures.
- Expert knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC) concepts and development platforms, tools, and languages, including C#, WPF, VB.NET, Python, SQL Server.
- Proficiency in data conversion techniques from a wide variety of systems and file formats.
- Extensive experience in developing and utilizing standard QA/testing tools of various systems and software
- Excellent interpersonal skills including analytical, problem solving, organizational, and issue resolution.
- An ability to work independently in solving business problems. Well-developed analytical and mathematical skills, with strong attention to detail