Reporting to the Proposal & Reports Manager, the Senior Technical Editor is responsible for providing editorial support to reports, proposals, and presentations, and works with consultants, other technical editors, and business development staff. Reports, proposals, and presentations vary in size and complexity, ranging from one to two pages/slides to large multi-author works spanning hundreds of pages or dozens of slides. The ideal candidate should have 10 to 15 years of technical editing experience (electrical engineering is a plus) in a deadline-driven environment. He/she/they also has exceptional internal communication skills and will do what it takes to deliver the highest quality work to our clients on time. In addition to editing, the Senior Technical Editor will be responsible for a relatively small number of administrative functions. Some of these assignments may involve filling in when other staff are absent or taking on short-term administrative projects on an as-needed basis.
- Provide editorial support to reports, proposals, and presentations
- Maintain and update the company editorial style guide and editorial quality checklists
- Coordinate, prepare for, and participate in report, proposal, and presentation meetings
- Provide administrative support to proposals and company initiatives
- Collaborate with Quanta Technology staff at all levels
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Ten to fifteen years of technical editing experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in English or Journalism (other majors will be considered)
- Proven ability to edit technical documents and correct verbiage, sentence construction, and concept communication.
- Proven ability to generate a professionally formatted document or slide deck presentation.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Teams, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent “people skills”—able to work with teams of varying sizes, technical abilities, and levels of authority.
- Able to distill and communicate complex information
- Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Able to understand client RFPs, prepare outlines, schedules, and templates.
Headquartered in Raleigh, North Carolina, Quanta Technology is a technology, consulting, and testing company providing business and technical expertise, along with advanced methodologies and processes, to utilities and others in the power and energy industries. Our mission is to provide unparalleled value to our clients in every engagement across the value chain by using advanced software and hardware, laboratories, and custom tools for a holistic approach to practical service and the most insightful thought leadership in the industry. We are a wholly owned, independent subsidiary of Quanta Services. Quanta Technology offers a diverse and collaborative working environment, competitive salaries, and an excellent benefits package. Quanta Technology is an equal opportunity employer.