Senior Consulting Position in Advanced Technology Integration – with Focus on Design and Analysis of Grid-Edge Solutions
Position Summary: The primary focus of a successful candidate in this position will be to design and develop grid-edge solutions which focuses on applications of power electronic-based technologies and advanced automation/control systems for deploying Energy Storage, Microgrids and EV charging infrastructure in electric utility systems. The candidate should have strong technical skills and creativity in developing practical power system solutions, using simulation tools, understanding of industry best practices and major North American and international standards (IEEE/IEC/CSA …).
The position requires hands-on experience and previous engagements in power system modeling and analysis of microgrids and the energy storage systems (stationary and mobile energy storage applications). The candidate should have in-depth knowledge and traceable track records of experience with utilizing distribution and transmission apparatus (line and substation equipment) and utilizing modeling tools (PSCAD/EMTDC, CYME/SynerGi) for design evaluation and engineering of grid interconnection, plant and system level controls and protections in the context of microgrids, and energy storage applications.
Job Qualifications & Skills:
The key requirements for the job are:
- Master’s degree or higher education in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institute.
- Minimum 5 years of industrial experience working in industry our consulting business with records of work experience in Canada or US.
- Industrial experience and knowledge of using power system software tools such as PSCAD/EMTDC, CYME/Synergi, ASPEN or CAPE for modeling and analyzing power electronic devices.
- Excellent hands-on knowledge of using Autocad or similar software tool at advanced level for preparing drawings and documentation of the designs for power system applications.
- Knowledge of power system transient phenomena and typical events associated with faults, power quality challenges and contingency in distribution and transmission systems.
- Familiarity with industrial standards associated with distribution systems and renewable energy systems (including energy storage, Microgrid and EV related standards).
- Good communication skills and engineering judgements.
- Good ethical and professional business manner in work and in interaction with colleagues and customers.
- Design and develop grid-edge solutions involving different technologies for facilitating integration of renewable resources in a more efficient fashion.
- Perform transient and dynamic analysis of power system phenomena involving power electronics for applications in renewable energy, microgrids and energy storage systems.
- Prepare design packages including single-line diagrams, control and communications architecture, etc.
- Knowledge of renewable energy policy and initiatives to drive new projects
- Prepare project reports and description of work in English language.
- Prepare project proposals, Scope of Work, and request for quotation documents in English language.
Working conditions are normal for a professional office environment. Work requires overnight local, and regional travel; once or twice per month to job sites for project work with customers.
- Markham, Ontario – Canada
- Chicago, Illinois – US
- San Clemente, California – US