We are currently seeking a Senior Staff Accountant to join our Corporate Finance team based at our Headquarters in Raleigh, North Carolina.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for a variety of advanced accounting activities in accordance with the generally accepted accounting principles including account reconciliations, local tax filings, journal entries, general ledger accruals, period-end and month-end close, financial reporting and related efforts for the annual Budget, and monthly Forecast Planning and Job Cost review. The individual will also work independently on projects, from conception to completion, under the specific direction of the CFO. The position requires excellent interpersonal skills for interacting with external and internal contacts that include but are not limited to Directors, Managers, and other employees in an efficient and professional manner.
- Participate in the development, maintenance, and administration of policies and procedures for accounting activities and continuous improvement process including automation
- Review and assist with general process and internal control and SOX compliance
- Assist in the period-end general ledger closing, financial statement review and analysis and compilation and distribution of financial statements to the ACFO and Executive Leadership team
- Develop and assist with project profitability analysis and other adhoc analysis and reporting for business unit directors
- Responsible for other various financial reporting, and analysis.
- Assist with evaluation of acquisitions and other related activities
- Monthly Internal and External report preparation
- Compile information needed to complete and file monthly and quarterly Sales & Use tax returns with various states and GST/HST Tax for Canada
- Assist with annual financial audits, internal and external
- Assist in providing financial support and training to project managers, leaders, and directors as needed
- Investigate discrepancies and inform ACFO of critical issues/observations
- Responsible for identifying opportunities for process improvement, system implementations, and reporting enhancements
- Great Excel skills, not afraid of dealing with large amounts of data
- Fixed Assets experience, at least 2 years.
- Preform other special projects as needed and provide support to the finance team
Experience needed to be successful in this position:
Cultivates a positive team environment; displays the ability to focus on short-term goals to reach long-term objectives; fosters growth and development of the finance and accounting team. Work well in a fast paced environment and be able to change gears quickly, when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting;
- Eight (8)+ years of direct accounting experience required including 3 years of Cost/Project accounting
- Experience handling local tax filings in multiple states is a plus;
- Experience in an Engineering/Construction industry or other professional services preferred;
- Microsoft Excel experience required
- Microsoft Dynamics Experience preferred
- Display a high level of professionalism, and ability to engage with executive level leadership;
- Commitment to organization and highly detail-oriented work.