This position works in the Accounting department, based out of our Raleigh office. You will be part of a small but mighty team within the AR group. We are professionals that provide top-notch professional project support so that all receivables are collected in a timely manner.
Primarily focused on the billing and collections process, this position includes processing project billing from several different types of projects and providing collections follow up on outstanding receivables. The right person for this role will have superb organizational and service skills, excellent time management, as well as editing, formatting and database entry skills to assemble, arrange and put the finishing touches on client documents and invoicing that reflect the quality that the Quanta Technology name represents. Additionally, this person will track the progression of their respective group of projects through our ERP system and may perform detailed data entry into it and/or our clients’ systems or portals depending upon their preferred method of invoice submission.
- Work directly with Project Managers and the Customer Contract data to ensure all billing requirements are meet.
- Upload project data into ERP system, verify that all information loaded correctly, make notes of any special billing details.
- Use ERP system to generate billing data, and either bill directly out of the system or use the data generated to bill in an Excel format required by the Customer.
- Send Draft invoices to the appropriate PM for approval, if rejected, make necessary corrections and resend to PM for approval.
- Monitor PM responses and submit to Customer as quickly as possible to customer in the manner and process required.
- Monitor projects to be billed and payment status of invoices already submitted.
- Attend monthly project meetings to discuss any billing issues.
- Raise any unusual issues or PM requests up through the Accounting chain of command for approval.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
College degree is required, in Accounting, Business Adm. or other relevant area of study. At least 5 years of Project Billing experience, experience in the Engineering industry is a big plus.
- Minimum 2 years of Project Accounting experience, including A/R (Billing), A/P are required, with previous collections experience is nice to have.
- Excellent Excel skills are required.
- Intercompany and international billing experience (Canada) are also required.
- Intermediate to advanced skill in Microsoft Office and PDF software also a big plus.
- Previous experience in a sophisticated project accounting enterprise software system required, Microsoft Dynamics SL experience is also a plus.
- Great communication skills both verbal and written.
- Be a team player.
- Must be a service-minded professional that takes personal accountability and initiative in getting the job done and delighting our clients.
- Must be able to work with cross-functional teams, independently and take integrating information from a variety of sources to meet requirements and deadlines.
- Must be able to multitask.
- Must be excellent at detail work.
- Must be organized with good time management skills.
Working conditions are normal for a professional office environment. Some evening and weekend work may be required.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. The employee may be asked to perform other job related duties as required.