The Information Technology Director is responsible for the strategic delivery of excellent service for network, workstation, mobility, and business applications to all members while adhering to the governance of the IT Controls from Corporate. Working with the business to understand requirements and advise on IT solutions. Management Team input on applications, system and data integration, workstation and mobility standards, and network infrastructure deployments. Localize the IT controls as needed and enforce additional controls and policies based on contractual or regulatory requirements. Develop and enforce procedures for Application support and IT Operations (Network and Service Desk). Act as the point of contact on all audit requests from Corporate and external auditors. Supervise internal and external resources to ensure that timeline and deliverable requirements are met. Support Quanta Technology’s responses to customer inquiries related to Cyber Security, including project requests and RFPs.
Ability to work at all levels of the organization to meet business IT needs and align with internal business leaders to achieve organizational goals. Foster a culture of ownership, collaboration, and creativity while mentoring and developing an IT team to manage the environment and mitigate risks.
Job Responsibilities/Essential Functions, including but not limited to the following:
- Provide direction and lead Quanta Technology’s local IT team to comply with Corporate Technology guidelines, Cybersecurity policies, control frameworks, standards, and processes.
- Responsible for all areas of the IT department, including applications support, infrastructure, security, networking, and audit compliance.
- Support Quanta Technology’s Business Areas when responding to customer inquiries regarding Cyber Security.
- Develop partnerships with management and key business stakeholders to understand the organization’s objectives and ensured appropriate alignment of IT initiatives.
- Plan, organize, direct, control, and evaluate the operations of the Information Technology (IT) Department.
- Implement policies and procedures for managing computer systems operations based on Corporate guidelines/control framework.
- Act as the primary contact for the company in Quanta Services IT meetings and communications.
- Participate in scheduled meetings with various Quanta Corporate IT departments to discuss status and concerns.
- Ensure Administration, Service Desk, Network Operations, and Business Applications are efficiently managed.
- Meet with business managers to discuss system requirements, specifications, costs, and timelines.
- Hire and manage information systems personnel and contractors to operate and administer computer and telecommunications, networks, and information systems.
- Manage the IT Department budgets and expenditures.
- Lead/supervise the team to troubleshoot hardware, software, network, databases, and operating systems.
- Develop knowledge about hardware and software managed by the company.
- Accountable for the oversight of the following:
- Production support for the ERP, Business applications, databases (MS SQL), and coordinating support vendors for resolving complex issues.
- Monitoring security of all technology and collaborating with corporate security team as needed.
- Oversee the documentation process for all operating procedures, system changes, and logs to meet SOX requirements and maintain SOC I / II certification.
- Ensures compliance with contractual requirements that are usually based on ISO 27001, COBIT, NIST 800-53, etc., based on guidelines provided by Corporate IT.
- Keep up to date with shared services (including applications) offered by Corporate IT and provide advice and guidance to the Business Manager for Information Technology user needs for off-the-shelf, custom development, and data integration solutions.
- Four-year degree in Engineering, MIS, Information Systems or Computer Science preferred.
- MCP, MSA, MCSE, MTA, A Plus, Network Plus, CCNA, ITIL, or any other IT-related Certifications. (One or more preferred)
- Security certifications (CISSP, CISA, CISM, ISO27001) are preferred
Required Professional Experience:
- 10 plus years in IT information technology services experience
- 3 years (minimum) management experience
- 3+ years’ experience with industry frameworks/certifications like SOC 1, SOC 2, ISO 27001, PCI-DSS, NIST 800-171, etc.
- Responsible for management of IT audits and audit readiness activities.
- Proficient in English
- Self-starter who can work independently while supporting the needs of the team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong decision-making skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Comfortable interacting with all levels of management
- Understanding of contractual/regulatory Compliance requirements
- Understanding of Risk Management Frameworks such as NIST 800–53, ISO 27001, COBIT, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of databases – SQL and Oracle given preference
- Demonstrated knowledge of operating systems – Windows, OS400, and Linux/UNIX given preference
- Demonstrated knowledge of the financial applications with a strong preference for Microsoft Dynamics products if possible
Quanta Technology is an independent technology, consulting, and testing company providing business and technical expertise, along with advanced methodologies and processes, to utilities and others in the power and energy industries. Our mission is to provide unparalleled value to our clients in every engagement across the value chain by using advanced software and hardware, laboratories, and custom tools for a holistic approach to practical service and the most insightful thought leadership in the industry.
At Quanta Technology, our people define us. We value a company culture based on core values of diversity, teamwork, respect, accountability, innovation, and entrepreneurial spirit. Not only will you get the chance to work alongside industry thought leaders, but the opportunity to become a thought leader yourself. We’re focused on creating an environment committed to employee growth. That is achieved by ensuring a quality workspace, allowing flexible schedules, and through our training & mentoring programs. Quanta Technology is committed to an equal-opportunity workplace.