Mounika Kurra, Principal Engineer, has over 5 years experience in performing power system planning and reliability studies for ISOs, utilities and several generator developers in the US. She has been heavily involved in many power system studies performing steady state, dynamic stability and transfer limit analyses. Her primary focus has been evaluating the impact of the generator interconnections on the reliability of the transmission network. She has performed several system impact studies for the interconnection of wind power, solar power, coal, and combined-cycle plants in many regions of the US.
Mounika graduated with a Masters in Electrical Engineering with a specialization in electric power systems from Mississippi State University 2010.
Areas of Expertise
- System Impact studies
- Dynamic Simulation
- Curtailment Risk Assessment Studies
- Wind Integration studies
Experience and Background
- Number of years of experience in the electric power industry - 2008 – present
- Siemens PTI - 2011 – 2016
- Transmission Planning Intern, ISO-New England - 2010
- Graduate Research Assistant, Mississippi State University – 2009 - 2010
- Master of Science (Electrical Engineering) – Mississippi State Univeristy - 2010
- Bachelor of Science (Electrical Engineering) – Acharya Nagarjuna University - 2008
Mounika can be contacted at email@example.com