Dennis Flinn, Principal Advisor, has a over 38 years of experience in distribution systems modeling, operations, and analysis, with a significant emphasis on distribution automation, Volt/VAR, CVR, renewable, and storage. He has taught numerous training seminars worldwide related to distribution engineering and circuit protection.
Areas of Expertise
- Renewables & Energy Storage System integration and the impact within Distribution Systems.
- Distribution Smart Grid Strategy, Design & Implementation.
- Distribution Conservation Voltage Reduction Impact.
- Distribution Planning: Load Flow, Short Circuit, and Reactive Power Flow Studies, Contingency Analysis, and Load Forecasting.
- Application Integration: Interface design between business processes.
- Power System Protection: Overcurrent protection and coordination.
- Reliability: Conducted individual Reliability Studies.
- Power Quality: Data collection and analytics of disturbances & Indices.
Accomplishments and Industry Recognition
- Professional Engineer - Pennsylvania
- Senior Member IEEE – Power & Energy Society (PES)
- Senior Member IEEE – Industry Applications Society (IAS)
- Published over 20 papers
- MS, Electric Power Engineering – Ohio State University, 1978
- BS, Electric Power Engineering – Ohio University, 1977
- AAS, Electric Engineering – Ohio State University,1975
Dennis can be contacted at email@example.com