Ashok Gopalakrishnan, PhD, Principal Advisor, Protection & Control, has over 17 years of industry experience, working in India and the United States. He is highly experienced in the computer-aided analysis of electrical power systems, and has developed advanced automation techniques to help analyze complex protection coordination issues. Ashok has also participated in several system protection engineering studies for utilities and consulting companies. He is an expert in the usage and application of the Computer Aided Protection Engineering (CAPE) software, having been intimately involved in its development for over a decade.
Experience & Background
- 17 years of experience in the electric power industry
- Lead Engineer, Electrocon International, Inc. (1999-2014)
- Application Engineer, The English Electric Co. of India Ltd., (1989-1992)
Accomplishments & Industry Recognition
- Member IEEE Power & Energy Society and participant in several IEEE PSRC working groups.
- Member CIGRA, B5.47 Working Group
- Authored/co-authored over 15 technical papers in journals and refereed conference proceedings.
- Ph.D., Electrical Engineering/Texas A&M University (2000)
- M.S., Electrical Engineering/Texas A&M University (1995)
- B.E. Electrical Engineering/Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani, India (1989)
Ashok Gopalakrishnan can be contacted at email@example.com