Software Engineer, Toronto (Markham), Ontario
Quanta Technology is looking for a highly motivated hands-on senior application architect to fill a vital role on our implementations development team. The right candidate must be able to work in a fast paced environment, multi-task in different roles on projects, and capitalize on the team’s skills and experience to create new solutions while mentoring others.
Specific responsibilities of Senior Application Lead (or Architect) - Implementations:
- Provide full life cycle support for code changes in the production environment and development of new extensions to existing platform.
- Use innovative problem solving and critical thinking approaches to trouble shoot challenging data centric problems.
- Analyze business requirements and scope of programming tasks.
- Develop a mechanism of on call support for production environment.
- Maintain a high proficiency level with system architectures and database system models
- Strong contribution to an agile and responsive application development team.
- Create process and design documentation
- Analyze software, coding, business requirements, software reliability, and simulation
- Ability to rapidly assimilate new technologies and be able to communicate effectively with various teams.
- Familiarity with revision control, and QA is a plus
- Qualified candidates will ideally have more than five (5) years of experience in hands on software development including proven competency in the following areas.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent work experience required.
- Knowledge of SQL Server including ability to analyze complex stored procedures.
- Perform both coding and debugging of applications in various programming languages. Development technologies such as C#, WPF, VB.NET, Python
- Experience converting data from a wide variety of systems and file formats
- Extensive Experience in developing and utilizing standard QA/testing tools of various systems and software
- Excellent interpersonal skills including analytical, problem solving, organizational, and issue resolution.
- An ability to work independently in solving business problems. Well-developed analytical and mathematical skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Experience with the electrical power industry and/or project management will be an asset.
Quanta Technology offers a diverse and collaborative working environment, competitive salaries, and an excellent benefits package. Apply online at www.quanta-technology.com.